One of the more common mistakes people make when shopping for sunglasses is not taking into account the shape of their face. This is actually a huge oversight, because your shades will only look cool if they accentuate the positive aspects of your face and facial shape. Just like not all women look good wearing a tank top, a pair of Neo sunglasses might look great on one person but awful on someone else. What follows are some tips to keep in mind.
- Oval face: An oval face is ideal for sunglasses because it works well with just about any style, especially oversized sunglasses that completely cover the area from the cheek bones to the eyebrows.
- Round face: Sunglasses with straight edges will camouflage the excessive curviness that is characteristic of round faces.
- Oblong face: Oversized shades with thicker frames are usually best for this facial shape. Round or rectangular shaped sunglasses work extremely well.
- Square face: Superman’s strong jaw is an example of the primary characteristic of a square shaped face. Here again oversized shades usually work best. For dudes, sunglasses with sharp angles like the Agent Smith sunglasses will work very well. For gals, cat eye or round styles like Seraph sunglasses would look excellent.
- Triangular or heart-shaped face: Sunglasses with rounded edges are appropriate here because they will help to hide the visual impact of the narrow chin and wide forehead inherent in this facial shape. Lenses without any straight lines along the top such as Morpheus sunglasses work particularly well.
So that’s it in a nutshell, it’s all pretty straightforward when you stop and think about it. No matter what facial shape you have, you can indeed look cool wearing sunglasses – whether Matrix sunglasses or some other type – as long as you follow the tips above.