If you’ve been reading my blog for any period of time, you realize I have 2 key passions – The Matrix and sunglasses. Thus, a business focused on Matrix Sunglasses is a natural fit! Anyway, this passion leaves me a little dry sometimes on writing topics, given that the Matrix trilogy ended a whopping 8 years ago.
So for today’s post I am going to do the ultimate rehash tactic and share with you some of my most favorite quotes from Morpheus as he was trying to explain the nature of The Matrix to Neo in the first movie. Enjoy!
- The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy.
- Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself
- We don’t know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky. At the time, they were dependent on solar power. It was believed they would be unable to survive without an energy source as abundant as the sun.
- This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
- Welcome to the desert of the real.
- You’ve been living in a dream world, Neo
- Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.